Welcome to ENA of New Mexico
The EMERGENCY NURSES ASSOCIATION (ENA) is the national Association for professional nurses dedicated to the advancement of emergency nursing practice. ENA serves its members by achieving the following aims:
- To be the definitive authority on emergency nursing.
- To define the standards of excellence for emergency nursing.
- To promote the specialty of emergency nursing.
- To promote quality emergency care through continuing education activities.
- To be the resource for emergency nursing practice, professionalism, education, research, and consultation.
- To identify and address emergency care issues.
- To work collaboratively with other health-related organizations toward the improvement of emergency care.
- To affirm the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses.
No matter your level of experience, or the size of your emergency department, membership in ENA contributes to your professional growth. ENA endorses a recognized certification program that acknowledges competence and achievement in emergency nursing. In addition, the Association offers unparalleled educational opportunities, an effective networking system, quality group insurance coverage, and much more.
Upon joining the national Association, a member obtains membership at the national level, as well as representation at the state level. Active members have the right to vote and hold office at all levels. Joining the ENA means joining a national professional network of emergency nurses.
New Mexico ENA is focused on furthering the clinical expertise of nurses practicing in the Emergency setting through support of educational programs throughout the state.
The meetings of the New Mexico State Council are open to all members and held on the 4th Thursday of each month. We are currently looking for a location to hold the meetings so please check your email for details each month. Meetings start promptly at 1730. Please see the ‘Meetings’ icon for monthly location.
For further information please log onto National ENA’s website at www.ENA.org
- Lakeisha Dunkin : President
Lakeisha Dunkin, MSN, RN, CEN is currently serving as President of the New Mexico Emergency Nurses Association. Lakeisha is also ... Read More
- Terry Fuhs: Director
Terry Fuhs is currently serving on the Board of Directors for the ENA New Mexico State Council. Terry is a Clinical Nurse Educator ... Read More
- Liz Estrada-Klein: Secretary
Liz Estrada-Klein has been a nurse for 36 years. She has worked 35 of those years in the Emergency Department with the past 28 years spent in management. She is ... Read More
- Michael Chicarelli: Treasure
Michael Chicarelli, DNP,RN,CEN is currently serving as Treasure of the New Mexico Emergency Nurses Association, the specialty nursing association serving the emergency nursing profession through research, publications, professional development, and emphasis on ... Read More
- Cristall Short: Director
Cristall Short has been a Registered Nurse for more than 30 years. For the first 20 years she worked in the critical care field including burn, trauma, and surgical intensive ... Read More
- Sarah Miller: Director
Sarah Miller MSN, RN is currently serving on the board of directors for ENA New Mexico state council. Sarah Miller currently works at the NM VA medical center as an ... Read More
- Candi Miller-Morris: President Elect
Candi Miller-Morris is currently a Level II nursing instructor for Eastern NM University-Roswell and a PRN employee at Lovelace Regional in Roswell. She has been a nurse for 40 years. ... Read More
- Cindy Camp: Director
Cindy is currently employed as a Nurse Informaticist at ENMMC in Roswell. She has been a nurse for 40 years and her clinical background includes critical care, emergency care and ... Read More
- Amanda McClain: Director Amanda McClain: Director Read More
- Lisa Gama: Director Lisa Gama: Director Read More